How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 PC, In this guide, I’ll be guiding you on how to use remote desktop. Remote desktop connection is very useful when you do not have physical control on your Pc/Laptop. Sometimes you might find yourself sitting at one computer, but needing the data or facilities on another. Or you may need to help a friend or family member solve a problem. Well, with Remote Desktop Connection in Windows 10 you can remote access another PC, or even on a Wi-Fi-enabled beach.
Remote Desktop Connection Windows 10 isn’t exactly easy to set up when compared to services such as VNC, Team Viewer, Join.Me or Showmypc.com, which also offer remote access to PCs. How to Use Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android or iOS device to connect to a PC remotely, I will show you how it’s done in the easy to understand guide; please keep reading to know more.
How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 Pc?
What Is Remote Desktop Connections?
Firstly, you should know about what is a remote desktop connection.
Remote desktop protocol (Known as RDP) is the protocol used by the Remote Desktop connections (Know as RDC) to allow two or more than two computers mainly a Remote Host and a Client to communicate with each other. Remote desktop connection is Remote desktop protocol client App that is pre-installed on your Windows 10 Pc by which you connect to the other computers.
Which versions of Windows can use Remote Desktop Connection?
While all version of Windows 10 can connect to another Windows 10 as remote desktop connection, only Windows 10 Pro user can allow accessing to their computers. So, If you have Windows 10 home edition, then you won’t find any settings to enable Remote Desktop Connection on your PC, but you will still be able to connect to another PC running Windows 10 Pro.
How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 Pc – Easy Steps
Use Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to a PC from afar. Set up the remote PC so it will allow remote connections.
- On the remote PC, open Settings and go to System >> About. Note the PC name. You’ll need this later.
- Next, in Settings, go to System >> Power & sleep and check to make sure Sleep is set to Never.
NOTE: You can’t connect to a computer that’s asleep or hibernating, so make sure the settings for sleep and hibernation on the remote computer are set to Never. (Hibernation is not available on all computers.)
- Enter the full name of the remote PC into Remote Desktop Connection on your local PC.
In this way you will be able to establish the Remote desktop connection to connect to a Windows 10 Pc and hence, this will lead you how to use remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 Pc. I have the top 10 remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 pc keyboard shortcuts that you should consider having a natural control on your computer.
How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 Pc – Keyboard Shortcuts
This is the best top 10 remote desktop connections Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts to remember, and they are as follows,
- Ctrl+Alt+Plus Button: – This shortcut helps you to take a screenshot of the Remote Desktop connection. Well, it may be a mystery for the new user to take a screenshot of Remote PC while using it from Local PC. But, using this option will help you to capture the screenshot of the “Remote Desktop” which you are using.
- Ctrl+Alt+Minus Button: – This shortcut helps you to capture the screenshot, but only of selected Window.
- Alt+Home Button: – If you want to access the “Start Menu” on the remote desktop. This shortcut will help you to access the start menu quickly on the remote desktop.
- Alt+Delete Button: – This Keyboard Shortcut in Remote Desktop Connection helps you to access the Windows Menu in Remote Desktop. The Windows Menu is located on the top Left corner, with which you can Minimize, Maximize, resize and close the Windows.
- Ctrl+Alt+Break Button: – This keyboard shortcut will make the Window in Remote PC go fullscreen, making you work with full-screen experience.
- Alt+Insert Button: – This option will help you to get a quick look at the programs running on Remote PC.
- Alt+PageDown Button: – This shortcut is same as “Atl+Insert” but works backward. Means, it will scroll through applications from Right to Left, instead of Left to Right.
- Alt+PageUp Button: – This shortcut almost has the same function as above two shortcuts. With this shortcut, you can select and change between running apps on Remote Desktop with Windows App Drawer.
- Ctrl+Alt+End Button: – This is the most important shortcut of How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 PC as it allows you to operate the “Task Manager, Switch Off, And Restart” your computer.
I hope this easy to understand guide on How To Use Remote Desktop To Connect To A Windows 10 PC have solved your problem. If any queries regarding this guide, If you appreciate my hard work on this guide, please feel free to comment below, I will try to help you with your queries.
- How to use remote desktop
- remote desktop connection
- remote desktop connection manager
- cómo usar escritorio remoto para conectarse a un equipo con windows 10
- cómo usar escritorio remoto
- escritorio remoto