Want to Scan an item Windows defender? So, here are the two ways to do it. Microsoft security is one of the most trusted security all around.
However, Windows Defender is one of the inbuilt tool and the best virus protection software presented by Microsoft that protect you against virus and malware attacks.
This official protection should be turned on when you buy a new computer or install Windows 10 for the first time, although Windows Defender goes offline if you install another antivirus software.
There are two ways to scan an item with Windows Defender Antivirus.
If you are using a different antivirus program then Windows Defender won’t turn on. The reason behind this is one PC cannot have multiple antiviruses running at the same time.
If you are already using Windows Defender Antivirus as your antivirus program. Use the Scan now feature in Microsoft Windows Defender Security Center to make sure that specific files or folders are safe.
Both scans will inform you promptly if any threats are found.
Do scan your PC/laptop regularly.
Scan An Item Windows Defender
Windows Defender updates itself regularly to protect you from the latest virus and threats online. Below is the screenshot of a healthy PC.
If you want to scan an item windows defender, you have to follow the below steps:
- To turn on Limited Periodic Scanning, select the Start menu button, then select Windows Defender Security Center >> Virus & threat protection >> Windows Defender Antivirus options, and then turn ON Limited Periodic Scanning.
- To scan specific files or folders, select the ones you want from the file explorer.
- Press and hold (or right-click), and then select Scan with Windows Defender Antivirus Or
- Open Windows Defender Security Center >> Virus & threat protection >> Run a new advanced scan >> Custom scan >> Scan now, and then select the file or folder that you want to scan an item Windows Defender.
- Using Limited Periodic Scanning does not turn on the real-time protection feature of Windows Defender Antivirus, nor is it a replacement for your antivirus program.
- To turn on Windows Defender Antivirus, go to Settings >> Update & security, select the Security tab, and then choose the antivirus program you want to use.
- Windows Defender Antivirus will then automatically turn ON. If you are running Windows 10 for Enterprise, turn on Windows Defender Antivirus by uninstalling all of your existing antivirus programs.
Remember you should scan an item Windows defender periodically. To avoid yourself falling into online treats do not download files from the websites that do not look authentic or that does not have HTTPS enabled.
Also be careful with the email attachments that you receive from unknown senders. They may contain hidden malware or keyloggers.
Do share this article with your Facebook friends and help them fight online threats.