You can view or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10. Your browsing history in Microsoft Edge treasures the information when you browse the internet that includes your passwords ( If you saved on an individual website ).
The information you have entered into sign-up forms, and websites you have visited, all these data get stored on a PC as you browse the sites.
However, every Web Browser remembers and stores the information that you browse on your PC and it’s easy to recover your browsing information with the help of browsing history.
So, let’s learn how we can view or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge.
Recommended: Change The Default Search Engine In Microsoft Edge?
View Or Delete Browsing History In Microsoft Edge (Advantages)
- You can see recent searches or websites.
- You can just type the initials of your website, and it will suggest the full address in the search box as per your history in Microsoft Edge.
- You can go and check what your children’s are searching on the internet If you have any 😉
- If you got a new computer and you want to export and import your browsing history to the new computer from the old one, you can do this easily.
- You can set a password on your history.
View Or Delete Browsing History In Microsoft Edge (Disadvantages)
- If you are at the internet cafe, and you did your own searches in the cafe and forgot to delete the browsing history, then anyone can see your browsing history. In this case, you can use Incognito Window that will automatically delete browsing history when you close the window.
- If your friends come to your home and you let them use your computer, they can view your browsing history and manipulate them.
These are the Advantages and Disadvantages of the browsing history in Microsoft Edge.
Now let’s learn how to view or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge in two simple steps.
I have also included the screenshots to make it more clear for you.
View Or Delete Browsing History In Microsoft Edge Browser
Please follow the below steps to clear browsing history or web history in Microsoft Edge:
Step 1: Open Microsoft Edge browser. On the top right corner click on the “Hub Icon” (Favourites, Reading List, History, and Downloads). Its the icon on the top right with”Three Horizontal lines“.
Step 2: When you entered the Hub you will see a “Clock Like Icon“, click on it.
Step 3: Now, Under that, you will see the browsing history as “Yesterday“ Older ” and Offcourse the “Clear All History” option.
If you want to delete yesterday’s history then click on the “Yesterday” and delete that particular day history or if you want to delete the older browsing history then click on the “Older” and delete it.
Also, If you are willing to delete the whole browsing history then you need to click on the “Clear All History“. As shown below.
Now, let’s see what gets deleted from the browsing history when you click “Clear All History“
|DATA||WHAT GET DELETED|
|Browser History||The sites you have visited recently and also the frequently visited websites.|
|Cookies And Saved Websites Data||The information that websites store on your PC to remember your preferences,i.e., Sign-In information.|
|Cached Data And Files||It is the optimization to load sites faster, Such as Images, Audio, Video and copies of pages.|
|Download History||The list of files and media content that you have downloaded from the web, But its only deletes list of downloads which is under the history and not the actual download files.|
|Sign Up Form Data||The information that you have entered into the sign-up forms. ie, Your shipping address, and your sign up information on certain websites.|
|Passwords||The passwords that you have saved for the certain websites.|
|Media Licenses||Digital content management content license and play/read.|
|Pop-Up Exceptions||The list of websites that you fully revealed to display pop-Up.|
|Locations Permissions||The list of websites that you fully revealed to grab their locations.|
|Full-Screen Permissions||The list of websites that you fully revealed to automatically open in full screen.|
|Compatibility Permissions||The list of websites that you fully revealed to automatically open in search engines.|
Also Read: Get Help With File Explorer In Windows 10
This is how to View or delete browsing history in Microsoft Edge.
As stated earlier in this guide that you can always use Incognito Mode that will allow Microsoft Edge to clear browsing history automatically when you exit the window.
Hope you like my article, Please like on FaceBook, or follow us on Google +. Visit Us Again And Feel Free To Comment Below. Happy surfing.
- browsegeschiedenis weergeven of verwijderen in microsoft edge
- Microsoft Edge の閲覧履歴を表示または削除する
- просмотр или удаление журнала браузера Microsoft Edge
- 查看或删除 Microsoft Edge 中的浏览历史记录